2.18.2008

ANNIE LEIBOVITZ

I watched a new movie, “Life Through A Lens” in Shibuya on the day it was released, last Saturday.

Annie Leibovitz is an American portrait photographer whose style is marked by a close collaboration between the photographer and the subject.

She established her own style through the work of Rolling Stone magazine.

She has been photographing a variety of portraits of celebrities that amaze people.

One of her famous work is the portrait of John Lennon and Yoko Ono.The more I stared at it, the more I was touched, and finally I was moved to tears.

How strong it is...!

Needless to say, it's famous the portrait was last photograph of John Lennon, who was shot to death 5,6 hours later from the interview with Annie.

There are many portrait photographers in the world.However I was really encouraged by knowing how much she was energetic about portrait and photography itself.

I bought a pamphlet of the movie after finished. In the pamplet I found the lines as follows.

“Diane Arbus was dead to photography. While SHE, Annie is alive with photography.”

It's impressing for me. Yes, Annie is really alive and bright with photography.

About my feeling I like Diane Arbus, nothing has been changed, however I think I also want to be alive with photography for good as Annie.

The movie inspired me a lot, anyway.

I just want to keep shooting until I die.

Yes...!

0 件のコメント: